A multinational e-commerce and cloud computing company wanted to ensure operations were optimal and safe for the 1,000+ people who would work at its new 615,000 sq. ft. distribution facility.
- Develop a safer working environment for the 1,000+ employees at the new facility
- Identify switchgear deficiencies that could impact safe operations
- Modify switchgear to allow condition-monitoring maintenance activities to be safely performed
- Reduce risks and protect personnel from potential arc flash events
- Preventive maintenance was performed on 4000-Amp switchgear during a planned shutdown
- Engineered, installed, and tested arc flash relay systems for the switchgear
- Infrared windows were installed on the switchgear
- After relay installation, updated arc flash calculations, and labels for switchgear
- IR windows provided the ability to safely perform an annual infrared inspection of energized switchgear
- Switchgear load-side incident energy values were reduced from 100-200 cal to 3-8 cal with the installation of arc flash relays
- PPE levels for maintenance personnel were reduced for select panels, thus improving worker visibility, dexterity, and comfort
- Arc flash relays provided the ability to remotely monitor electrical switchgear data including voltage, current, and event logs related to any “trips” via BMS integration
- Installed accessories to allow delayed triggering (open or close) of the breaker without personnel standing in front of the breaker/panel
Learn how an American EV equipment manufacturer improved charging station uptime with corrective maintenance from SEAM Group.
Let’s partner to build your own success story!