A multinational technology company that focuses on global e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence requested help on improving their safety and operational performance. Focusing on their global e-commerce division, the company needed to ensure their delivery stations operated safely and on-time. They partnered with SEAM Group to perform infrared thermography, arc flash hazard analysis, and lockout/tagout (LOTO) services in an effort to improve safety, maintain reliable and efficient operations, and continue to achieve customer satisfaction.
This technology company was already prioritizing a safe working environment at their delivery stations. In order to ensure that their operations continued performing as expected, on time, and safely, they needed to turn to an industry partner for guidance. They weren’t just looking for a company that could perform the services to improve safety, reliability, and maintenance. They desired working with a partner that had industry expertise, the capabilities to respond and deliver on schedule, and an agile team that would adapt and grow with their operations.
The company partnered with SEAM Group to perform the following bundle services for their global e-commerce facilities.
An infrared inspection that includes:
1. A review of the facilities electrical system to identify thermal and visual compliance problems. All inspected assets are inventoried and baselined for historical trending.
2. Electrical panel service that provides qualified electricians to safely open and close each of the electrical assets included in the infrared inspection.
3. On-demand maintenance that enables qualified electricians to address all thermal and compliance problems found during the infrared inspection.
Arc flash services that include:
1. Providing an on-site electrical systems equipment assessment.
2. Uncovering potential correctable issues within the electrical distribution system.
3. Determining available short circuit current and interrupting time of each device
4. Calculating the largest incident energy at the specified working distance
5. Conducting a Protective Device Coordination Study
6. Offering recommendations of reducing incident energy
7. Determining the required personal protective equipment (PPE) level
8. Documenting the results and generate labels to be placed on the equipment
Lockout/Tagout services that include:
1. Conducting energy control procedures (ECP) for affixing appropriate lockout devices and/or tagout devices to energy isolation devices.
2. Training workers on hazards or hazardous energy and lockout tagout procedures, policies, and equipment
3. Conducting periodic system audits (at least annually). Audits are used to verify that ECPs are accurate and that employees can demonstrate proper energy isolation of equipment to perform servicing and maintenance.
Because the client company used SEAM Group’s infrared technology to spot potential downtime issues, they achieved increased uptime. Furthermore, the mitigation provided for arc flash hazards enabled the company to reduce arc flash exposure, allowing employees to safely troubleshoot and repair equipment
as needed. As a result, the client company successfully launched a variety of new delivery stations safely and on time.
Since day one, the client company has appreciated how SEAM Group does business. They have provided positive feedback on SEAM Group’s responsiveness and timeliness. Oftentimes, the company needed a technical point-of-contact, and instead of being routed through multiple channels, SEAM Group had the
resources readily available to provide insight and answer questions. Additionally, the client company had access to a team of experts in arc flash, LOTO, and engineering.
In seeing the value of working with SEAM Group, the client has expanded services and added Low Voltage Preventative Maintenance (LVPM). While conducting an arc flash study, the main switch gear is usually rated very high, so high that a worker is unable to open it while its energized. LVPM will help
facilitate this work task and will be a long-term benefit as the company continues to expand its service centers and delivery stations.
Because the client company used SEAM Group’s infrared technology to spot potential downtime issues, they achieved increased uptime. Furthermore, the mitigation provided for arc flash hazards enabled the company to reduce arc flash exposure, allowing employees to safely troubleshoot and repair equipment as needed. As a result, the client company successfully launched a variety of new delivery stations safely and on time.