Following a series of safety events, a global packaging leader needed a training solution for its maintenance and operator teams. Recent incidents highlighted gaps in electrical safety and lockout-tagout knowledge and awareness, and a timely solution was of the essence.
- Provide NFPA 70E and Lockout-Tagout training to the maintenance and operator teams, along with job and company-specific training as outlined by their Electrical Safety Program.-Identify switchgear deficiencies that could impact safe operations
- Create and maintain a schedule to ensure employees receive training to perform their jobs on and around energized assets safely. Reduce risks and protect personnel from potential arc flash events
- SEAM Group provided a custom training solution that met employee work schedules by combining three training delivery methods:
- Instructor-led live webinars
- On-site training
- Online self-paced
- A one-day custom training was delivered in person to discuss a recent arc-flash event. The training included step-by-step instructions, pictures of the incident, and equipment-specific hazardous energy control procedures.
- Successfully trained 900 workers across 40 locations in 8 months
- Satisfying OSHA requirements with on-site and interactive web-based training
Certification of training completion with knowledge checks and assessments to confirm employee command of course materials
- Training for new hires. Online self-paced custom training provided through SEAM Group’s LMS due to for onboarding and to address the high turnover typical of the industry
- Exceeded corporate initiative expectations. Continued support on electrical safety program requirements and corporate-driven goals for electrical safe work practices and control of hazardous energy for all locations
- Expanded the partnership to provide a safer, more reliable workplace. SEAM Group now provides arc flash studies, infrared inspections, lockout-tagout procedures, and LVPM.