National Electrical Code
Training duration: 1 or days
(Length of course will depend on customizable training objectives)
This customizable 2-day course is designed to provide a complete overview of the general chapters in the National Electrical Code including the most pertinent 2020 changes. Participants will learn to effectively use the 2020 NEC and apply it to their everyday jobs. This class is geared specifically for personnel in large buildings, facilities, and industrial settings. Selection of conductors and overcurrent devices will be discussed, as well as wiring methods, wiring materials, grounding, and bonding, plus more key topics.
Key take aways from this training:
- Chapters 1 – 4 of 2020 NEC including pertinent changes
- New definitions added and changes made
- Labeling requirements for new installations
- GFCI requirements for other than dwelling units
- Neutral conductors permitted for only one multiwire branch circuit
- Grounding and bounding changes
- Discussions of tables for ampacity selection, derating, and adjustment factors boxes
- Disconnects for transformers
- Quizzes to test understanding of course materials
- Knowledge of the major changes in the 2020 NEC
- Ability to use and quickly find answers in the NEC
- Understanding how the code supports cost and work efficiency
- Command of the requirements to ensure safe electrical installations
- Ability to spot electrical hazards and avoid preventable accidents
Let’s work together to create a safer, more reliable world.
To learn more about this course, or any of our training programs, please fill out the form on this page or call us 866.772.6770.