NFPA 70E Qualified Person Electrical Safety Training
2021 NFPA 70E | Arc Flash Safety
Training duration: 2 days
This 2-day course covers all the requirements a Qualified Person needs to know including OSHA and NFPA 70 E 2021 electrical safe work practices. The detailed course material is designed for all personnel who work on, around, or near any type of electrically energized equipment. Topics discussed include electrical hazards, the safe installation of electrical equipment, proper electrical work practices and procedures.
The new NFPA 70E 2021 requirements, rules, and regulations as required by the OSHA Electrical Safety- Related Work Practices Standard 1910.331-1910.335, will be discussed. The primary goal of this course is to keep electrical workers safe, updated, and equip them with lifesaving knowledge.
* Please note this program contains graphic material.
Hazard risk assessment
- Arc flash hazard assessment
- Incident energy analysis
- Arc flash boundaries
- Approach boundaries for shock protection
- Clearance distances
- Equipment labeling
Standards for electrical safety
- Code of federal regulations 1910.331 335
- NFPA 70E standard for electrical safety in the workplace, 2021 edition
- Workplace safety programs
Reducing electrical hazards
- Circuit breakers
- Understanding electricity
- Shock safe and unsafe current values
Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Arc-rated clothing
- Hazard risk categories
- Voltage-rated gloves and tools
Work involving electrical hazards
- Selection and use
- Category rating
NIOSH case studies
- Fatality assessment
- Attitudes, emotions, and conditions
Energy control program
Let’s work together to create a safer, more reliable world.
To learn more about this course, or any of our training programs, please fill out the form on this page or call us 866.772.6770.