Understanding Preventive Maintenance Programs
Preventive maintenance (or PM) is regularly scheduled work performed at prescribed intervals that is intended to proactively avoid, delay, and detect the onset of asset failure — ensuring that your valuable equipment continues to function as required. As an enterprise asset management (EAM) company, SEAM Group seeks to optimize this aspect of our clients’ operations to address multiple key areas:
- Preventive maintenance
- Predictive maintenance
- Condition-based maintenance
- Operator upkeep
- Scheduled contract maintenance
The Problem with Traditional PM
Typically, preventive maintenance programs are developed from differing internal perspectives and knowledge bases, such as manufacturers, existing maintenance teams, equipment operators, contractors, and others. This only creates confusion and fails to create a seamless approach to ensure your assets continue to perform in the most efficient manner 24/7/365. Because our focus is on the optimization of PM programs, our aim is to calculate reliability, minimize labor/parts/materials, and ultimately reduce operational downtime.
Our Preventive Maintenance Optimization Process
We achieve success in PM optimization through a series of steps grouped into three phases:
- Preparation & Organization — gathering data, defining reliability requirements, and reviewing existing PM tasks
- Optimization — removing unneeded tasks, applying optimization methods, filling program gaps, reviewing OEM recommendations, and optimizing work order
- Go Live — completing optimizations, implementing change controls, conducting training, leveraging improvement, and verifying accuracy
Achieve Your PM Program Goals with SEAM Group
As a leading enterprise asset management and optimization firm, SEAM Group is dedicated to helping clients in multiple industries achieve their asset maintenance goals. Well-oiled preventive maintenance programs are key to success, and our team will do all that we can to ensure we help you create a safer, more reliable working environment through well-maintained assets and procedures.